Below is a high level overview of the CVA Membership process. Please review and if interested in becoming a member please read the more detailed articles below for specifics.
Membership processing is done at CVA General Membership Meetings. These meetings occur on the fourth Sunday of each month after the CVA Club Shoot at 11:30am at the benches near the CVA kitchen. Please be prompt if you going to attend. Also be sure to check the CVA website in case there is a change to the General Meeting schedule due to holidays or other events.
What to bring to your first CVA General Meeting:
- Membership paperwork filled out with all personal information.
- Your checkbook. We recommend that you do not make out your check prior to membership processing due to proration amounts, CVA branded items you may want to purchase, and donations. At this time CVA accepts both checks and cash as payment for membership.
- Full-Time Student membership (24 years old or younger) please bring a copy of your next semester’s registration and proof of age.
- SGA (Senior Golden Ager) and FGA (Family Golden Ager) memberships please bring a copy of your driver’s license for proof of age.
What to expect during your first CVA General Meeting:
- The General and Board of Directors meeting minutes will be read for the prior month.
- When the meeting agenda reaches the New Members section you will be asked to stand, introduce yourself, and give a quick overview of your preferred shooting style and archery background. We really enjoy hearing about our new members and their archery stories!
- After the meeting:
- Membership paperwork will be processed.
- A safety seminar will be conducted, which is a requirement for membership.
- You will be provided a gate key and membership card.
- NOTE: Please display your membership card at all times while on the range – many members attach it to their quiver.
After attending your second General Membership meeting your name will be submitted to the BOD for approval to be sworn in. At your third General Meeting you will be sworn in as a full CVA member.