- Written by Super User
- Category: Public Session
- Hits: 273
The Conejo Valley Archers provides a Open Public Archery Session every Saturday at the club's Public Session Range facility. Come out and join us!
We welcome individuals and families interested in the sport of archery to train with us, starting with the basics and giving you the archery skills to move up through longer distances and into competitions.
Please note that we cannot accommodate groups during the Public Sessions. Large groups Please contact the Private Party Coordinator to set up a time for your group!
All equipment is provided and training as outlined below.
Due to County Pandemic regulations, there will be changes to how CVA offers the Public Session program. These changes will allow CVA to deliver the shooting experience that the Public has come to enjoy while still adhering to County safety requirements.
Facemasks are a requirement to be on the Range. Please be sure to bring your own mask to use while on the CVA Range. We do not offer reservations.
CVA’s Public Session will have two 2-hour shooting sessions:
- Session 1 starts at 8:30am and once full no new shooters will be allowed on the range. If Session 1 is not full we will accept new archers into the Session until 9:45am, after which the Session is closed. Session 1’s shooting ends at 10:15am.
- Session 2 starts at 10:30am and once full no new shooters will be allowed on the range. If Session 2 is not full we will accept new archers into the Session until 12:45pm, after which the Session is closed. Session 2’s shooting ends at 1:00pm.
Please be sure to note each Session’s start and end times so you don’t come to the range and cannot shoot that day due to the range being full.
CVA Members can shoot at the Public Session with the understanding that:
- Public attendees will have range and shooting priority. Due to limitations of the area and distancing requirements, if more public attendees show up, then we will ask members to relocate their shooting to other range areas.
- Members are asked to shoot at the 18M distance or the longer target butts. The 5M and 10M lines are reserved for the public.
- Please note that the 30M and 40M targets will remain closed due to distancing at the 10M line
- Masks are required during Public Session and can be removed while shooting.
Where: At the Conejo Valley Archers Public Session Range facility located at 4651 Tapo Canyon Road, Simi Valley, CA 93063. You can get directions to our facility using the Directions link below.
Who: Children must be at least 8 years old to participate in our program in the interest of safety.
Cost: The cost to shoot at a Saturday Session is a $5 range fee donation per person. This includes all equipment, range use and instruction by our staff of USA Archery certified instructors and coaches. Archers with their own equipment who are not CVA Members are also requested to pay the range fee donation to cover use of the facilities, targets etc.
All participants are required to have a completed waiver to shoot. Waivers are also available at the range. All archers under the age of 18 must have their waiver cosigned by a parent or legal guardian, and must be accompanied by an adult at all times while on the range. Adults who bring children other than their own should have a completed waiver and medial release signed by the parent with them. Medical release forms are also available at the range.
Please, no dogs on the range.
Parking is allowed in our gated facility for free or you may pay the $4.00 fee at the park entry gate and park anywhere in the Tapo Canyon Park picnic area. Cars parked in the county park that have not paid at the gate could be ticketed up to $70 by a Park Ranger. For those frequent attendees an Annual Park Pass is avaiable from the County of Ventura.
Directions to CVA and Contact Information can be found here.
- Written by Bonnie Marshall
- Category: Public Session
- Hits: 6253
The Conejo Valley Archers are proud of our certified coaches and instructors. CVA Coaches are USA Archery certified, which includes background checks and Safe Sport certifications. This means they have had extensive training in archery as well as in-depth training in safety and management of large groups.
Please take a few minutes to learn about some of our coaches and their backgrounds.....