- Written by Kurt Hoberg
Dear CVA Members,
The CVA Board of Directors is very pleased to be able to announce the reopening of the range to CVA MEMBERS ONLY as of Saturday May 23.
CVA passed our initial inspection on Thursday 5/21, and with final paperwork filed and placement of required sanitary items completed, we are now allowed to reopen.
A COVID-19 Risk Assessment, Prevention Plan and Guidance Documentation are all posted at the Field Range Bulletin Board in the Volunteer Sign In pocket. Do NOT remove these documents from the area. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the details in the documents when you visit the range. CVA Members have also been supplied this information via email.
Things NOT changing at this time:
- We will not yet be open to the public or guests at this time. CVA's Public Session is still CLOSED.
- No group meetings, including monthly General Club Meetings. A Members email will be sent by the Board notifying when General Meetings will resume.
- No Access from the Park / Main Gate Entrance - Tournament Range Parking ONLY - Walk in access to the Field and 3D Ranges ONLY.
- No vehicles on the Tournament, Field, and 3D ranges except AUTHORIZED maintenance vehicles.
- No dogs on the range.
Things that ARE changing:
- Masks / face coverings are recommended on the range.
- 6-foot distancing at all times everywhere on all range areas - especially during scoring.
- We can shoot!
What IS happening:
- The Monthly Club Shoot is ON! Targets will be set on Saturday for scored shooting on Sunday. As parking will be at the Tournament Range, scorecards will be placed on a picnic table there Sunday morning. It is suggested that the Field Range be shot starting at Target 15 through 28, then back from Target 1 and finishing at Target 14 near the 3D Range.
- The Quiver Newsletter will go out in a modified COVID-19 format.
- Range Maintenance - on going and incredibly important - the mustard is out in force!
What IS NOT happening:
- There is no General Meeting this month - we will decide monthly on status. A Membership email will be sent with details when General Meetings will resume.
- No Public Session - There will be adjustments on how we run these sessions. Discussions are underway to determine what will change and when we will implement alterations to the program. The Public Session will remain closed until after the Park reopens. We will notify the public via Face Book when the program is again offered.
Please bring to the range when you come:
- Your own personal mask or face covering.
- Your own personal hand sanitizer.
- Common courtesy for all - please remember that many of your fellow Club Members are considered high risk.
- Water, sunscreen, hat, etc. - this opening weekend is slated for extreme heat.
When you get to the Range:
- Read ALL posted materials.
- Do not share equipment unless from same household.
- Utilize sanitation items on any hard surface high touchpoint areas such as padlocks, handles to portable toilets or bins.
If you have questions please reach out to a CVA Board Member, Kurt Hoberg or Bonnie Marshall.
CVA Board of Directors
- Written by Bonnie Marshall
Who are the Conejo Valley Archers?
Located in the southeast corner of Ventura County, California, 30 miles from downtown Los Angeles, in the city of Simi Valley, CVA is a field archery club under the guidance of the National Field Archery Association (NFAA) and US Archery (USAA). We are private club registered with the IRS as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with approximately 500 members.
Our 80 acre facility includes a 28 target NFAA Certified, 5-Star Roving Field Range. This range simulates a true roving field shooting experience and this is where we hold our monthly Club Shoots, where members can compete for Year End Club Awards.
We also have one of the largest permanent NFAA certified 3D Range facilities in CA. The 3D range covers 9 acres with 25-3D animal targets. Our newest feature includes "The Dock" where archers can ‘bow fish’ in our newly created ‘fishing pond’! See the 3D Range section to learn more.
We also offer our Public Session Range Area where we run our JOAD and Adult Pin Programs, and a weekly 300 Round held during our Open Public Sessions. CVA produces archers that compete in all levels of NFAA and USAA at local, state, national and international levels. Check out our JOAD and PIN Programs section tab to learn more about training opportunities for kids and adults.
Each Saturday at the Public Session Range Area we offer an Open Public Session from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm for a nominal range fee donation. This fee includes all equipment, instruction, and safety gear necessary to learn the sport of archery. See the Public Archery section for more info.
Lastly, we have opened our new Tournament Range Facility. Thanks to the Easton Foundation for providing the grant funds, this range provides a 40 lane outdoor shooting area where we will hold NFAA 300, 900 Rounds, FITA, and other outdoor tournaments. See the Tournament Range Facility section for more information about our Tournament Range.
We hold our own CVA hosted tournaments throughout the year so be sure to check back often to get scheduling and tournament information.
For directions to our range please click here.
- Written by Bonnie Marshall
The mission of the Conejo Valley Archers is to foster the growth of the sport of archery by maintaining a facility for family oriented events, and by promoting skill and sportsmanship through educational outreach, for all ages and abilities.